Education Cluster Coordinator
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least four years of senior-level experience in humanitarian response within the education sector
- At least one year of experience of responding in the first-phase of an emergency
- Masters Degree in Education, related field or an equivalent qualification
- Formal training in Cluster Coordination
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to the rights of children and youth to education in emergencies and recognition of the need for education in emergencies as a first-phase response
- Ability to put aside one’s own the organisational interests and work impartially serving all Cluster members on equal terms
- Demonstrates integrity and strives to wards the highest personal and professional standard
- Demonstrable ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and develop consensus and joint working.
- Experience of high level coordination and chairing of meetings.
- Effectively presents ideas in a clear, concise and convincing manner
- Listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views
- Identifies key issues in a complex situation and makes effective and realistic decisions based on logical inferences, experiences and implications
- Demonstrable understanding of international humanitarian response architecture, co-ordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action.
- Understanding of the humanitarian funding mechanisms including (for example, the Consolidated Appeals Process [CAP], Central Emergency Fund [CEF] and Flash Appeals).
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and ability to apply these
- Excellent advocacy skills particularly in relation to advocating for education provision in humanitarian crises.
- Ability to work and plan at strategic and operational level.
- Understanding of opportunities to provide integrated or cross-cutting humanitarian interventions with other sectors and clusters
- Able to identify and make the relevant links between emergency response, recovery, transition and development
- Experience in South Sudan.
- Experience in Cluster Coordination.
The objective of a country-level Education Cluster is to ensure a coherent and effective education response by mobilizing groups of agencies, organizations and NGOs to respond in a strategic manner to a humanitarian crisis.
The Education Cluster Co-Coordinator will work impartially, serving the needs of all members of the Education Cluster and should work closely with the UN Humanitarian/Residence Coordinator as appropriate.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 6 Aug 2019
Closing date: 20 Aug 2019 - 22:59 CAT
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time